MFLEAT – MASH Flared Energy Absorbing Terminal
MFLEAT is an industry-leading energy absorbing flared terminal end, combining impressive impact resistance, safe handling and easy installation. Featuring a wide impact face and a field-proven sequential kinking technology, MFLEAT safely dissipates crash energy during head-on collisions. When impacted along the side within the length of need, the MFLEAT functions like a guardrail, containing and safely redirecting vehicles. The galvanized steel design is MASH TL-3 compliant and resists corrosion over time.
Designed for easy delivery and interchangeability with some MSKT parts, this energy-absorbing flared terminal end can help make your highway safety installations quicker, more efficient and more cost effective.
Our highway road safety barriers are strong, long-lasting, and easy to install. And when you partner with Gregory Highway —the national leader in highway guardrails and roadside safety—you will always get a quick turnaround and responsive service.
- MASH TL-3 compliant
- Some parts are interchangeable with tangent MASH MSKT terminals
- Energy absorbing (straight) flared terminal
- Same ease of installation as the NCHRP 350 FLEAT system
- Field-proven technology used on the FLEAT system
- Generic steel guardrail posts used at posts 4 through 8
- 39’7” straight flared length
- 3-ft. offset
- Three steel hinged posts at posts 1, 2 and 3
- Two spaces at 6’3” and five spaces at 4’2”
- 12’6” end rail, 10’5” second rail and 13’6.5” third rail
- 8” or 12” blocks
- Beginning of length of need (BLON) at post 4
- Rail heights of 30 to 32 inches