MASH Sequential Kinking Terminal – MSKT
The MASH Sequential Kinking Terminal (MSKT) is an energy-absorbing tangent guardrail terminal that is MASH TL-3 compliant. During head-on impacts, the MSKT head slides over the W-Beam guardrail, sequentially kinking it. The kinked rail exits the head, and the vehicle comes to a controlled stop, using the same effective technology seen in NCHRP 350 SKT field performance. When impacted along the side within the length of need, the MSKT functions like a guardrail, containing and safely redirecting vehicles.
MSKT features an impact head that can be used on existing sequential kinking terminal (SKT) systems for maintenance repairs. This interchangeability allows you to save on inventory costs. Only minimal components need to be inventoried for continual maintenance purposes and new MASH installations.
Our highway road safety barriers are strong, long-lasting, and easy to install. And when you partner with Gregory Highway—the national leader in highway guardrails and roadside safety—you will always get a quick turnaround and responsive service.
- MASH TL-3 compliant
- Uses the same field-proven sequential kinking technology used in the NCHRP 350 SKT
- Energy-absorbing tangent terminal users proven sequential kinking technology
- Improved impact head and anchorage system
- Length of need point at post 3 is 12’6” downstream
- Easy installation; familiar for work crews
- The same footprint as NCHRP 350 SKT
- 50 ft. long with 8 posts spaced at 6’3” centers
- Use with rail heights of 30 to 32 inches
- 25:1 optional flare rate
- 8” or 12” blocks