SAFENCE® utilizes a system of concrete footers with plastic sleeves to mount C-posts. The system assures correct SAFENCE® performance under various soil conditions while providing an easy means of placing or replacing C-posts.
- C-posts are mounted into plastic sleeves inside concrete footers.
- Plastic sleeves never rust, deform less during construction, and ice does not bond to them as readily as to steel.
- Footer specifications and spacing generally depend upon soil strength.
- Footers may either be prefabricated or cast on site.
- Pre-designed footers accommodate weak-toong soil types and various frost-line depths to simplify project specifications.
- Installation is to a depth of 24 inches.
- Plastic sleeves are inserted at time of pouring concrete.
- SAFENCE® offers the advantage of requiring smaller footers than other systems to reduce costs.
- Steel sleeves are available if required.