The Gregory Mini Spacer Guardrail and Thrie Beam System
- W-Beam approved NCHRP 350 to Test Level 3
- Thrie-Beam approved NCHRP 350 to Test Level 3
- A Highway Safety technology breakthrough from Gregory.
Gregory Mini Spacer Optimizes Guardrail Performance
Gregory Industries announces a technology breakthrough in the performance
of steel-post highway guardrail systems. The Gregory Mini Spacer
(GMS) provides an engineered solution that overcomes blockout variables
while optimizing guardrail release behavior for safer control of
even extreme axial forces.
largely eliminates the variability problems and failure modes associated
with block-mounted guardrail. The unfavorable crash results of vaulting,
vehicle pocketing, wheel snagging, vehicle destabilization, guardrail
rupture and occupant compartment deformation are overcome through
the engineered performance advantages of GMS.
The key benefit of the Gregory Mini Spacer is the way it adds predictability
to guardrail release without dependency on slot deformation or complex
kinematics. GMS provides consistent, reliable release characteristics
with Strong or Weak Post systems by allowing the post to move out
of the way upon impact. The "escaping" guardrail maintains its "W"
profile and inherent flexibility to safely control impacts and save
GMS is easy to install for new or retrofit projects. It is self-aligning,
full-scale crash tested, and NCHRP 350 TL-3 accepted.
The GMS Guardrail System
- Technology breakthrough for W-Beam guardrail systems
- GMS is engineered for predictable release and improved safety
- Eliminates blocks and their variable performance characteristics
- Eliminates variability that relies on slot deformation
- Solves vaulting, pocketing and hard snagging
- Can be used with 12'6", 6'3" or 3'1-1/2" post
spacings at mounting heights of 27-5/8" to 31"
- Works with both Strong and Weak Post systems
- Releases consistently and predictably upon impact
- All metal components are easy to install and strong
- Retrofittable to existing systems
- Full-scale crash tested
- NCHRP 350 Approved
GMS releases the guardrail as force thresholds are reached. Release is independent of guardrail thickness, strength, bolt position in the slot, single or double-ply of guardrail, or bolt tightness.
NOTE: For PDF files you should use the latest version of the Adobe Reader. Click here to go to the Adobe Reader download site.