Gregory Industries Holds Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Manufacturing Facility
Gregory Industries recently broke ground in Athens, Ala., for a new G-STRUT® manufacturing facility. The ceremony took place on December 8, 2022, at 10 a.m. at 26054 Airport Rd, Athens, AL 35614.
The first of three building phases will focus on a 90,000-square-foot manufacturing space and warehouse. Production at this new location will primarily focus on G-STRUT® metal framing and back-to-back channels, along with related accessories.
Speakers at the groundbreaking ceremony included:
- Greg Canfield, Secretary of Commerce, Alabama Department of Commerce
- Bethany Shockney, President/CEO, Limestone County Economic Development Association
- Matt Gregory, CEO, Gregory Industries
- Jack Fite, President/CEO, Fite Building Company
- Collin Daly, Chairman, Limestone County Commission
- Ronny Marks, Mayor, City of Athens
- Pammie Jimmar, CEO, Athens-Limestone County Chamber of Commerce
Gregory partnered with Fite Building Company to construct the facility. In early 2022, the steel products manufacturer purchased 72 acres of land from Limestone County and City of Athens.
Gregory Strut—a division of Gregory Industries, based in Canton, Ohio—manufactures close tolerance galvanized, stainless and green G-STRUT® metal framing channels, as well as a complete line of strut accessories, fittings, pipe hangers and supports. Gregory Strut products provide unlimited ways to hang, hold and complete the job with flexibility.
Gregory Industries has a proud legacy of galvanizing and roll form manufacturing steel products. For more than 125 years and five generations, they have dependably served customers across the nation, treating them like family. Today, they lead the highway safety and road construction industries with roll-formed steel products manufactured in the heart of the U.S.